Friday, August 10, 2007

45 Things I Love About Summer

Today is the last week-day of summer vacation. I start school with the rest of the teachers on Monday and am mourning the end of summer. Therefore, I am listing the things I love about summer!
1. Waking up after 7 a.m.
2. Robin’s-egg-blue skies from horizon to horizon
3. Eating lunch at Once Upon A Sandwich or Tequila’s or my new favorite, Main Book Company, or even Quizno’s
4. Long walks after the 7 a.m. wake-up (see #1)
5. Reading for fun
6. Rumbly-grumbly thunderstorms
7. Shopping with Erin
8. Shopping with Pat and Nan
9. Shopping with T-Bob
10. Ah, heck, I just love to shop!
11. Staying up late (see #1)
12. Road trips
13. Sisters’ adventures
14. Feeling like I’m caught up
15. NOT multi-tasking
16. The hay-boys who filter through our home
17. Eating outside
18. Morgan grilling burgers or steaks (see #17)
19. Having the hay crew over for a barbecue (see #17)
20. Blizzards from DQ
21. Feeling leisurely
22. Sightseeing
23. Seeing people I seldom see
24. Having dinner with Rick and Cindy after the Iron Horse Classic
25. The fragrance of a freshly mowed lawn
26. Puttering around in the garden or lawn
27. Fresh corn on the cob
28. Tomatoes warm from the garden
29. Tomato sandwiches with tomatoes warm from the garden
30. Golfing, especially when Jody & I team up
31. Coming into a cool house after being outside in the heat
32. My birthday
33. Erin’s birthday
34. Bryce’s, Trena’s, and Morgan’s birthdays
35. How the earth smells after a rain shower
36. The way the Mesas' moods change as the sun slants toward the west















37. Watching softball games or baseball games (or just chatting with friends while games are being played)
38. No clouds near the toe of the Ute
39. Listening to Vaughn tell funny hay-stories (see #17, #18, #19)
40. Flip-flops and sandals
41. Bo-Cat napping on the front porch
42. The long, long sunny days
43. Lingering sunsets
44. Farmers' markets
45. Tan legs

1 comment:

jody said...

Oh Kippi I wanted to come to CO this summer and now it is gone. :((( We miss golfing with you. Have a good school year and we will still plan a spring trip.
Hody