Monday, September 10, 2007

Getting Ready for the Trip to Kenya

Hundreds of details must be attended to before leaving on a trip to Africa. First, I got my shots. I am now filled with antibodies for Yellow Fever, Tetnus, Typhoid Fever, Hepatitis, and Polio. Thanks, Joe!I must remember to take my passport, the official proof of immunization, and the malaria pills I'll take daily. I practiced packing my one and only suitcase to make sure I could squeeze in all my necessities plus the Marilyn Burns math-teaching books I'm taking. Did I mention that it cannot weigh over 50 pounds? Yikes! When I weighed the loaded suitcase on the doggie scale at the veterinarian's office, it weighed 49.5 pounds.
My carry-on holds my laptop, ipod, travel documents, digital camera, handy neck pillow, and reading material.



1 comment:

jody said...

Are you sure I don't need to come and carry your lap top for you?